EMERGENCY SERVICES AND DISASTER AGENCY
McDonough County is seeking proposals for professional services from qualified firms or individuals, to update the multi-jurisdictional McDonough County natural Hazards Mitigation Plan (NHMP). The firm or individuals awarded a contract will be required to prepare an updated NHMP and conduct all necessary work needed to receive approval by the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Read more…
Our priority is to prepare our community to minimize damage and grow resiliency.
McDonough County Emergency Services and Disaster Agency (MCESDA) coordinates with Local, State, Federal, Volunteer Organizations, and Business Partners to achieve these and many other goals.
We are also working to bring our county in line with the National Preparedness Goals established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which organize the core capabilities into the five mission areas:
- Prevention – Prevent, avoid or stop an imminent, threatened or actual act of terrorism.
- Protection – Protect our citizens, residents, visitors and assets against the greatest threats and hazards in a manner that allows our interests, aspirations and way of life to thrive.
- Mitigation – Reduce the loss of life and property by lessening the impact of future disasters.
- Response – Respond quickly to save lives, protect property and the environment, and meet basic human needs in the aftermath of a catastrophic incident.
- Recovery – Recover through a focus on the timely restoration, strengthening and revitalization of infrastructure, housing and a sustainable economy, as well as the health, social, cultural, historic and environmental fabric of communities affected by a catastrophic incident.
MCESDA Upcoming Events
Spotter Trainings (Skywarn)
February 21, 2019 6:30 pm - 8:50 pm
3022 W Jackson St, Macomb, IL 61455
Pre-registration is NOT required. When you arrive, there will be a sign-in sheet at the class. This class lasts about 2 hours, is free, and open to the public.<…